Monday, June 11, 2012

We're pregnant! Now what?

"Congratulations, kudos, and woohoo – we're pregnant!"
  
In those rare moments when you're not dancing on air or completely freaking out, you may be wondering what you need to do next. That was what pretty much what we felt when we found out we're about to become parents in less than 40 weeks time. 


I was having mixed emotions. The moment that I saw those two purple lines, my heart skipped a beat. I was happy, excited, nervous and anxious all at the same time. Understandably, happy because finally after almost 2 years of TTC, fervently praying for a child-- this is it... I'm a step closer to my ultimate dream: becoming a mom!

On the day that we knew we were expecting, I immediately sent a text message to my OB. She was ecstatic! She recounted the period when we were just treating my endometriosis. It was quite an achievement on both sides. Primarily because we didn't need to go the usual tedious and draining route of work ups unlike most of her patients.  Thank, God!  She asked to me to see her soon. :) Read about our first consultation here.

Being first time parents, we were so very excited (!) to meet our little bundle of joy.  I thought it was a must to load up on good pregnancy (and parenting) knowledge. I registered with Baby Center so I can make use of their online tool: an estimate of my baby's development week by week. I also started compiling photos on the milestones page :)

But I find this site neater since it's in the Philippine context so expectant Filipino moms and dads like us can better relate to.  Plus it's got a simpler layout you can easily navigate among its pages making it an easier read.

Firstly, it's very important to prepare for an A+ Pregnancy.  Everyone benefits from a balanced diet, but pregnant women especially need extra nutrients because of the role these play in fetal development. For 9 months, our baby's nourishment will rely solely on what we eat


(For first time moms like me, you may also check out these interesting topics.)


Our journey has just begun and we hope and pray to make the best out of this wonderful path we have decided to take.

No comments:

Post a Comment